DE AutoDoc 1.2.7 Documentation
The idea of the automatic documentation is to markup program source code
with special comments in order to create the technical documentation
automatically using these special comments from the source code.
For special programming languages there exist some tools for this
- JavadocTM for the programming language Java
- DoxygenTM for the programming languages C, C++, and Java
AutoDoc follows the same idea, but is independent of the underlying
Although AutoDoc has several options to control the output format, there are two
basic output types, AutoDoc is able to create:
- HTML output
- LaTeX output
- Epub E-Book output
The output type is controlled by the parameter -outtype.
LaTeX output has been added in version 1.2.0 and Epub output has been added in version 1.2.1.
Both are currently experimental.
For recent changes, see the release notes.
For support, please contact AutoDoc@Enache.de.
- Release Notes
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I Markup Documentation
- Description of Markup Tags
- Special Features
- File Tags
- Structure Tags
- Functional Tags
- Sub Tags
- Source Code Quoting
- Inline Tags
- Definition of Groups
- Multi file languages, like C and C++
- Bibliography and Reference Functionality
- File Description Examples
- Structure Description Examples
- Functional Descriptions Examples
- Index of all Tags
- II Usage Documentation
- Quick Start Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Quick Start Command Line Interface
- Configuration File
- AutoDoc Parameters
- Required Parameters (-in, -out)
- Input Parameters (-ext, -extdef, -exclude, -recurse)
- Output Options Parameters (-outtype, -title, -locale, -chm)
- Output Type "frames"
- Output Type "treeframes"
- Output Type "iframes"
- Output Type "itreeframes"
- Output Type "noframes"
- Output Type "single"
- Output Type "latex"
- Output Type "pdflatex"
- Output Type "epub"
- Search Functionality in Output (-enablesearch)
- Working Directory (-workdir)
- Output Template Parameters (-styledef, -headins, -footins, -templatedir, -logo)
- User defined Style Definition File (-styledef)
- User defined Insert Files for Header and Footer (-headins, -footins)
- User defined Logo image (-logo)
- User defined Template Directory (-templatedir)
- Configuration File Parameters (-cfg) and File Description
- Resource Directory (-res)
- III Creating Individual Layouts With Templates
- Cascading Stylesheet (CSS) Definitions
- General Settings
- Settings for Documentation Components
- Settings for the Tree View
- Settings for IFrames and ITreeFrames
- Header and Footer Insert Files
- Template Files
- Templ_File.htm and Templ_File_Epub.htm
- IV Extending AutoDoc for Experts
- Documentation of Parameter Files
- AutoDoc Tag Dictionary
- AutoDoc Tag Texts
- AutoDoc Message Texts
- Groupings Definitions
- Standardized User Grouping Definitions
- File Extensions Defaults
- How to Accomplish Tasks
- Adding an Alias for an Existing Tag
- Overwriting an Exisiting Tag
- Adding a New Simple Tag
- Creating a new Grouping for the TreeView
Terms and Conditions
Copyright (c) 2008-2017 by Daniel Enache.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program. If not, see